1st Line Technical Software Support Analyst
- To be hands-on within the help desk function ensuring that the highest level of customer service and customer satisfaction is attained within associated SLAs.
- To contribute towards the complete international VURBIS organization to fully satisfy customer needs and fully support the Supplier On-Boarding teams. This will include ensuring that all contractual SLAs are met and that
there is a high level of customer satisfaction in problem solving, fault resolution and most important “Communication”. Let the customer know the status before the customer need to ask for it.
- To be the first point of escalation within the team for managing issues flagged by customers or the supplier consultant teams for your area of expertise.
- To use your high level of technical ability in resolving software support or environmental issues found by external customers and internal Stakeholders whilst using the VURBIS suite of software products and websites.
- To deal with and resolve complex support cases, explaining them in Plain English to either the Sales Team Members to relay back to customers or directly to senior customers who have a good degree of knowledge in finance and procurement but may struggle with the technology, including being present on conference calls and
support other staff members such as pre-sales, sales, account managers and customer managers.
- The 1st Line Technical Software Support Analyst needs to be able to work in a team but also be capable of working on their own and has proven experience of supporting customers with software application issues and working with high sensitive support case volumes.
- Monitoring responses from Supplier consultant teams and assisting them in providing effective and suitable responses to customers where they need assistance including knowledge sharing and one-line training.
- Checking and then Running tests raised by the VURBIS 2nd Line Support Teams using standard reusable XML mapping Scripts.
- Creating complex XML Mapping Scripts and performing complex tracing and fault finding.
- Performing screen shares with customers either to see what their issue is or to provide guidance to them where other methods of guidance have failed.
Primary responsibilities and accountabilities
- To investigate and resolve complex issues found in VURBIS’s various Software Products that the Supplier consultant (Customer Facing) Teams have been unable to resolve.
- To produce and ratify simple and complex mapping Scripts and Procedures to resolve software issues as workarounds or where they cannot be fixed by product development.
- To liaise with product owners over any issues that require definition as either software faults or software enhancements.
- To work with product development and testing teams to assist in any way required to get cases across to these teams including generating or verifying replication steps and then into patch releases and out to customers.
- To be part of a Helpdesk function provided to satisfy customer requirements
- To provide excellent customer service and satisfaction to the agreed business levels.
- To provide customer, internal stakeholder and partner support within SLAs on a continuous basis.
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer courtesy and proactive responses are being adhered to.
- To ensure that both verbal and written customer communications are of the highest standards.
- To ensure that accurate records are kept of all customer communications.
- To ensure that all contact to the helpdesk is tracked and recorded and responded to within given timeframes.
- To maintain a good understanding of procure-2-pay processes of all of our customers and maintain and be the arbiters of the configuration of their processes for the rest of the team(s) to refer to.
- To minimize repeat reoccurrence of issues (internal and external) by ensuring accurate and timely creation of Knowledge Base articles and team processes and procedures and team training.
- To manage the progress, mentoring and training of the team members within your primary product group with the assistance of the Team Leaders.
- To implement, document and manage with the team any directives provided by senior management to meet the Business Requirements of the VURBIS Group of companies.
Skills and experience
- Background in helpdesk/customer care essential, specifically within a technology environment – must have experience of a small fast-growth business
- Some XML and Java scripting capabilities
- Experience with the VURBIS suite of software
- Commercial approach, appreciates the importance of customer retention and ROI
- Will have worked in a customer-focused B2B (Business to Business) environment with a good understanding of customer requirements/market
- Must demonstrate a hands-on approach and consistent delivery
- You should have a good understanding of financial and procurement processes and procedures used within Small, Medium and Large Enterprises
- You should be able to demonstrate initiative and have excellent lateral-thinking and problem-solving skills
- You should be a team player who integrates easily and communicates positively
- You should be able to identify where support is required and proactively provide it
- You should be committed to providing outstanding customer service (internally & externally)
- You will need to be energetic and self-motivated – thriving in a hands-on environment and require minimum management supervision
- You need to be flexible and adaptable – excited by new ideas and/or technology and, willing to pick up and work with new initiatives no matter how unfamiliar
- The role requires people who are ambitious, seek to improve their performance, are interested in training and generally in personal development
- You should be highly organized – managing workload and delivering effectively and efficiently
- Excellent English in word and writing (no accents very important)
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be based on your current knowledge of the above technologies.
Vurbis is an international organization selling Cloud Solutions to large corporations like Twitter, Citi Group, JP Morgan, Airbus, Tata Steel, Arcelor Mittal. We have offices in Europe, United States and Australia. The Head Quarters of Vurbis is going to be located in Mauritius where we are incorporated since September 2018.